A blog I follow (http://www.marcandangel.com/) had a new post the other day that talked about 5 things to STOP doing to yourself today.
- 1. Stop holding grudges
- 2. Stop berating yourself for old mistakes
- 3. Stop spending time with the wrong people
- 4. Stop trying to be someone you’re not
- 5. Stop being ungrateful
I love this blog, it’s uplifting and inspirational. However, I don’t do any of these anymore. I am 55 and my life has been a whirlwind, full of ups and downs and all of a sudden it’s very short, so I cut all this crap from my daily life a long time ago.
- I don’t have any grudges. The people who have done me harm have tried 10 fold to make my life easier.
- I have made mistakes all of which were made out of ignorance and not knowing what direction to go, so sometimes I went the wrong way. Oh well! No body died, and quite frankly I couldn’t have named my blog what I did without mistakes. Each one has brought me a new insight into life and sometimes really stupid trivial knowledge that no one really wants to know which builds character right? God knows I am a character!
- I don’t know who the wrong people are? There is something to learn from everyone and yes there are people that can suck the life right out of you, but sometimes, just sometimes, there is a root problem that they can’t let go of. You don’t have to be that person’s best friend, but a little understanding goes a very long way and guess what, God or the Universe wanted you to meet them to learn something from them, so just take and moment and find out what that is. It could be as simple as “I never, ever want to be that person!” But you don’t know it until you encounter them!
- I have been me for a very long time. What you see is what you get. Sometimes rude, sometimes compassionate, sometimes quick to shutdown, sometimes tenacious, but always truthful.
- Oh my gosh, my life has been all about gratitude.
Now I am not saying that I am perfect, far from it, but I was surprised to see a blog from them that I didn’t fit into. It just astounded me because I read everything that they write! So I decided that I needed a little something more. I added to their list and came up with my wish list for Eliminating the garbage from my life.
- Eliminate procrastination. That stops me in my tracks every day. What should I have done today that I didn’t do because it was a little difficult, or I wasn’t quite sure how to do it, or I didn’t quite know how that person would react when I contacted them . . . the list goes on and on. This trait I swear is genetic. I believe that my girls inherited this from me! Right this very second I am practicing procrastination. I have so much that I should be doing, however I am writing a blog instead!!! So I need to work on this!
- Eliminate self-doubt. This is a big one for me. I don’t ever think I have anything to offer to others. Silly I know, especially when I truly believe that everyone has someone to teach me, but somewhere in my being I have a belief that I am not worthy. And yet I am this incredibly strong woman who has endured a ton of garbage in my lifetime and even when someone praises me, I don’t say thank you. So ridiculous, but true.
- Eliminate time wasters. Facebook, Instagram, Email, Yahoo News, those are my biggies and I would guess time wasters for most of us.
I love Marc and Angel, but today I needed a little more of a kick in the butt to get me to move! So thank you http://www.marcandangel.com/ for getting me to actually think what I need to eliminate from my life. I appreciate and admire your blog, I think what you guys do is amazing!